Scythe Clamp (without Allan Key and Wedge)
Used for fixing the blade to the snath. The clamp comes with 2 grub screws BUT WITHOUT the long handled Allan key to fit and the wedge. If you need the wedge and Allan key as well, order this item instead.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE ORDERING:
- These clamps are made to fit the Fux adjustable wooden snaths that we supply and may not fit other styles of snath, including other snaths made by Fux.
- This autumn (2020) Fux have removed the plastic guard from the snaths and are producing a new style of clamp to accommodate this. The images show the new clamp, followed by a comparison between the new and original, then the original clamp.
- The new style clamps will fit older snaths, but you need to remove the plastic guard on the end of the snath first.
- The old style clamps DO NOT fit the plastic free snaths (the clamp is too wide).
- If you have a snath with a plastic guard you can order either a new style clamp or an original.
- If you have a snath without a plastic guard you must order the new style.
- Order this item if a new clamp is needed to replace a damaged one, you need a spare or if you want to make your own snath and need a clamp. All snaths come with a clamp as standard and there is no need to order a clamp when ordering a snath