Scythe ring / clamp
Used for fixing the blade to the snath. The clamp comes with a wedge and 2 grub screws and a long handled allan key to fit.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE ORDERING:
- These clamps are made to fit the Fux adjustable wooden snaths that we supply and may not fit other styles of snath, including other snaths made by Fux.
- This autumn (2020) Fux have removed the plastic guard from the snaths and are producing a new style of clamp to accommodate this. The images show the new clamp, followed by a comparison between the new and original, then the original clamp.
- The new style clamps will fit older snaths, but you need to remove the plastic guard on the end of the snath first.
- The old style clamps DO NOT fit the plastic free snaths (the clamp is too wide).
- If you have a snath with a plastic guard you can order either a new style clamp or an original.
- If you have a snath without a plastic guard you must order the new style.
- Order this item if a new clamp is needed to replace a damaged one, you need a spare or if you want to make your own snath and need a clamp. All snaths come with a clamp as standard and there is no need to order a clamp when ordering a snath